Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Fifty Dangerous Things (You Should Let Your Children Do)

Fifty Dangerous Things (You Should Let Your Children Do)

Sometimes life can be too safe. Yes, I am extremely happy that I live in a neighborhood, town, country, where things aren't blowing up on a regular basis and I don't feel like I or my family is going to be gunned down in the street. I am fortunate to have been born into the middle class in the United States. But having said that, maybe it is o.k. to let our kids superglue their fingers together on occasion or try that hard trick on the monkeybars or play in the drainage ditch. Those two thoughts may seem completely unconnected. What I am trying to say is that I am very happy that I live a life that has no random violence and very little real danger and since that is the case, maybe it is o.k. to let our kids experiment a little bit with life.

1 comment:

TiffAnn said...

oh no C! looks like you've been found out!