Thursday, May 8, 2008

It's the little things, or is it the little people?

Last night I had a wonderful little people, little things moment. Lucy and I have been getting along splendidly - really having a good old time together laughing and tickling and eating snacks. So last night I got home from work and I hung out with Lucy and I put her in her p.j.s. She put on her red striped p.j.s from Ava and then she decided that she wanted to go outside and look for ripe strawberries in our garden. So I helped her put on her put on two mismatched socks (we need to do laundry...) and her big pink leather hiking boots. Then she wanted to put on her shawl that her grandma made. so she put on her purple knitted shawl. and then we headed out the door.

i think you had to be there. but you should have seen this incredibly cute two year old, trucking down the driveway in her pajamas and pink boots, and happily searching among the strawberry plants as the sun went down. it was awesome.

p.s. she found two ripe strawberries and promptly ate them.

No comments: