Sunday, August 16, 2009

Some Washington Trip Photos

Lucy and Josie really play together well these days. Here they are sharing an airplane ride at a playground on Whidbey Island.

This is only day two of the shell collection on Camano Island. By the end, the house cleaning folks sent the Ranger over to make sure that we weren't going to leave the entire beach on our deck for them to clean up. It did warm the cockles of my heart to have BOTH Josie and Lucy love shell collecting as much as my mom and I do.

The girls and I waited in style in the Sea-tac airport for Mitch to take the bus away from the airport to pick up a cheaper rental car. The girls are watching Cars on the DVD player and drinking smoothies from starbucks.

This is the house on Camano Island where I spent some of my happiest summer hours as a kid. Our family friends the Bushells owned this house and we spent many happy days here playing kick the can, catching crabs, and collecting shells on the beach. Not to mention visits to Elger Bay Grocery. I re-found this house on our recent visit to Camano Island.

No comments: