Friday, February 5, 2010

Warm and Cozy



Several years ago a bunch of us female botany types who also kill weeds were at a meeting together and in the evening we all took out our knitting and knitted hats and discussed the best herbicide for killing yellow starthistle and other evil weeds. It was delightful. Since then I have subsequently learned that the stitches that I learned in my mommy and me knitting group somehow are not actually knitting. I swear I have actually made at least three baby hats, three scarves and a baby sweater, none of which fell apart. But still, my knitting is in somewhat of a hiatus. So when it started to get chilly here and even chillier in my office and my friend Sylvia e-mailed me that she was doing a lot of knitting (she is one of the botany knitters), I asked her to knit me a hat. Imagine my delight when this beauty arrived in the mail! I LOVE IT. Thank you Sylvia! I took these pictures myself, can you tell?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

YES! Go Sylvia! I think maybe I saw that being knitted in an awful meeting just 2 days ago? That can't be right. . .

TiffAnn said...

Yes, you do know how to knit! I'm guessing that your uncharacteristic lack of self-confidence in this particular form of art comes from when we figured out that you knit into the back of the stitches instead of into the front? If so, that is an eensy-weensy-teeny-tiny glitch in your technique that is easily remedied. And it only matters (to which list of knitting accomplishments attests) when following a complicated pattern.

I like the new hat BTW - nice job Sylvia!

p.s. you better approve my comment

Casey's mom said...

The botany girls up here have a "Stitch and Bitch" group. I've been able to make it to one with THE KID braking my brain. So, I'm impressed.