Tuesday, April 8, 2008

You are the Dog's Bollocks, or was that La Mama de Tarzan?

So my friend Rob thinks he overuses the phrase the bee's knees. So today he looked up some synonyms on google. He sent me the list via e-mail and I must admit that they were so good that I thought that he had made some of them up (sorry to doubt you Rob, I also briefly thought you were yanking my chain about today being your birthday). So in honor of Rob's birthday, and the genius of his list, I present here, courtesy of Rob, The Bee's Knees. I truly think all of my friends, and even my relatives, are, the mutt's nuts.

List #30.7 - The Bee's Knees

The Cat's Meow
The Cat's Whiskers
The Cat's Pajamas (or Pyjamas)
The Dog's Bollocks
The Mutt's Nuts
The Eel's Ankle
The Elephant's Instep
The Snake's Hip
La Mama de Tarzan (spanish translation)
The Clam's Garter
The Elephant's Wrist
The Sardine's Whiskers
The Gnat's Elbow
The Bullfrog's Beard
The Cuckoo's Chin

May these inspired phrases inspire you to invent your own bee's knees phrase. I offer the octopus' osteolith (even though I don't think octopuses really have osteoliths) and the monkey's mandibles.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Can you discern any recognizable pattern out of these phrases? Some of them are real things, some aren't, some rhyme, some don't, some alliterate, some don't... I guess you just pick an animal and a body part, preferably a funny sounding one. "The Fish's Legs" holds a certain appeal for me, but it doesn't exactly roll of the tongue.