Saturday, August 2, 2008

I need to go and get my breast pump so I can feed my baby...

Life in modern America. Whoa betsy it can be a trip. The other day Lucy and I were discussing the ever present fleas in our house (thanks a lot furry people) and Lucy asked if her nipples were flea bites. I told her they were, in fact, nipples, and that one day they would be boobs (yes, maybe not the best choice of words and a little bit anatomically incorrect but cut me some slack here, it was 7:30 PM at the end of a long day). So after this announcement Lucy goes, "Oh, I will have boobies? Then I can use them to feed my baby!" And I said "Yep." And I'm thinking to myself, "Ah what a keen observer, naturalist, biological genius". And then Lucy says, "Oh, now I need to go in the living room and get my breast pump so I can feed my baby." And off she goes, carting her stuffed naked baby to find some item to use as a pretend breast pump...

No comments: